Thursday, July 12, 2007

Virtual Computer

Reflecting on discussions at school day it was worthwhile to work this hot day in July. I am in the planning stages of Moodle usage in our high school. Discussions among colleagues included terms that sounded futuristic and were well beyond my scope of computer knowledge. After this 15 minute discussion of future possibilities we realized the future was very near. I felt that I had no part of building this network of computers that were keyboards and screens with apps stored on a virtual computer. Then as they came back to reality they focused on my Moodle inquiry. The process of downloading Moodle involved the future possibilities. Now we are planning a small scale virtual computer to run Moodle at no additional cost to the district. I am amazed.

No comments: